OYG earns revenue from licensing consensus-building networks to communities. We define a “Community” as a geographic part of a town, city, state or nation. Members of an OYG community get access to digital tools they can use for open expression and consensus building, with the ability to define community needs and priorities, inform government of their concerns and demands, take direct action to solve problems, respond to catastrophes and create enterprises that improve quality of life.
Although, users could pay a microfee of $0.07 per month added to an energy or ISP bill, orchestrating this could require considerable effort and it would take longer to achieve sufficient penetration for determining consensus. OYG sells a license for an entire community directly to communities.
Public agencies and private companies and other organizations benefit from sponsoring (paying the license fee) for community networks in various ways. Our marketing strategy addresses each of these sectors as a separate revenue center albeit there are no differences in the product or costs.
OYG revenue derives from 6 sources:
1. Individual Community Members: may pay a micro-fee (pennies per month) on their internet or other utility bill.
2. Individual Community Organizations: may license OYG for their entire community for a flat annual fee of $3,750 for up to 15,000 residents (assuming 5000 active daily users). This fee increases for each additional 1000 daily users.
3. Public agencies (cities, counties, etc.): may sponsor licenses for their communities. A city of 150,000 people will typically have 10 or more community councils that would receive a license.
4. Public/Private Utilities: Including Bandwidth or energy providers or other companies may sponsor licenses for communities they serve.
5. Nonprofit, Foundations & NGOs: Local, regional, national and international organizations, whose mission it is to serve the needs of populations and communities, or to address environmental concerns.
6. Financial Services: OYG’s blockchain supported network can offer access to better mortgage rates as well as community-centric access to capital for small business development and training, with new opportunities for small business that have been unable to tap traditional funding sources.
Direct Community Licenses
OYG encourages communities to pay for their own licenses as a preferable alternative to sponsorship by corporations, governments or NGOs. Many communities may not want to feel dependent on a sponsor. Organized communities that pay their own fee receive the same product and support as sponsored communities.
A city of 150,000 people may typically have 10 or more independently operating community councils or other form of autonomous organization that can affordably license an OYG instance for their community members.
OYG’s founders are committed to creating a non-profit that evaluates requests from at-risk communities for full or partial subsidies to cover license fees. OYG will use a percentage of its profit to cover the cost of these subsidies.
Government, Non-profit and Corporate Sponsors
In promoting sponsorship, OYG is tapping into an existing market in the same way that news outlets have for centuries. Governments and Corporations are spending $billions a year to advertise, educate, inform and influence public sentiment and create brand recognition. OYG optimizes the potential benefit for consumers and communities from services provided by sponsors and enhances their name recognition. Corporations and bandwidth providers will reach their customers more cost-effectively and efficiently by sponsoring the OYG app for communities, while governments of cities, counties, states and nations can get more value from the ability to connect directly with their clients, than they can through advertising and demographic analyses.
Our target in 3 years is 70 million discrete users in 14,000 communities generating $59M recurring annual revenue. This is based on an annual license fee of $3,750 for communities of up to 15,000 residents.
USERS MAY SUBMIT CONTENT TO BE FORWARDED TO NEWS OUTLETS & OYG’s YouTube CHANNEL